1. Evan Engram marketshare- The Giants have pretty much nobody to throw to and that's benefiting nobody more than promising rookie Tight End Evan Engram. He saw a ridiculous 41% marketshare on Sunday night against the Broncos and ranks inside the top 3 in terms of targets to Tight Ends this season. They are using him pretty much solely as a pass catcher and he's going to be a great DFS option moving forward before his price fully adjusts.
2. Jerick McKinnon for real?- Since Dalvin Cook went down with a season ending knee injury, Jerick McKinnon has averaged 5 YPC on 20+ touches per game. He's caught all but one target (11) and he's found the box 3 times. He's averaging over 100 all-purpose yards in those two games and looks like he is finally taking advantage of opportunity when it presents itself. Latavius Murray has looked below average as a runner opposite McKinnon, averaging under 3 YPC in those two contests. The Ravens are next up for McKinnon who have been getting bludgeoned on the ground since DT Brandon Williams went down with an injury.
3. The Patriots defense is still very #bad- So I thought that maybe, just maybe, coming off a bye week that the Patriots would be able to limit Josh McCown and the Jets despite how bad their defense is, and was that father from the truth. McCown hung 354 yards and 2 touchdowns (should of been 3) on the Patriots and now they get Matt Ryan in week 7, the get right spot of all get right spots for the Falcons.
4. Kirk Cousins is settling in- Kirk Cousins is one of my favorite players in the NFL and I always feel like I'm going to battle for him online because there's this weird group of people that don't see how good of a QB he really is. He was the top scoring QB on slate in week 6 and he now ranks 1st in passer rating over the last 3 weeks. He got off to a really slow start this season, due to the loss of Sean McVay, but he has rebounded and looks to be back to the DFS option we all love.
5. Time to avoid Jason McCourty?- I feel like our company has been the absolute first one on this train and you would know that if you watched our weekly #GoodKarma podcast these last few weeks. McCourty has been the lone bright spot for the Browns defense this season has graded out as a top five NFL corner by Pro Football Focus. He has been great in coverage and the Browns have finally been using him on opponent WR1s the past 2 weeks. He shadowed DeAndre Hopkins on over 85% of his routes in week 6 and held him to a season-low in yards and catches.
6. Jordan Howard- Jordan Howard logged 36 rushing attempts in week 6, yes you read that correctly. He's seen carry totals of 23, 18, 19 and 36 over the last 4 weeks and he is benefiting from the change at QB for the Bears. Looking back I should of been on him more in a plum matchup against the Ravens which I have been on for weeks as a great RB matchup with no Brandon Williams.
7. Is it finally Hunter Henry time?- The Chargers have finally realized that maybe they should use Hunter Henry more than Antonio Gates. Henry has surpassed his season high in snaps each of the last two weeks and played on over 80% of Rivers' drop backs in week 6. He's also seen 7 and 8 targets in their last two games and looks to be back to a more prominent role in the offense.
8. The curious case of Martavis Bryant- It's been a crazy week for Martavis Bryant. There were rumors that he would see decreased playing time in favor of JuJu Smith-Schuster this past Sunday which held true, Bryant played on a season-low 50% of the snaps and now there are rumors that he has requested a trade out of Pittsburgh. Monitor this situation going forward, but it looks like MB isn't a DFS option at this point in time.
9. Is the Chiefs defense really bad?- I've been on this train for a few weeks, but it was escalated to new heights during their game this past Sunday with the Steelers. Their run defense had been solid which was causing teams to funnel a ton of usage towards the passing game. They have now given up 4.5 YPC to running backs over the last month of play and were just shredded at home by Le'Veon Bell to a tune of 179 rushing yards. The Chiefs defense doesn't look like one to fear going forward.
10. Larry Fitzgerald just won't stop- I'm convinced this guy is going to play forever. Through 6 weeks Fitzgerald ranks 2nd in the NFL in catches and 1st in red zone targets. Adrian Peterson looked great in his first game with the Cardinals, which helped out the passing game even more. Fitz is notorious for fading off in the later months of the season, but he had a monster game in week 6 and draws another favorable matchup this week with the Rams.
Written by Ben Hossler (Follow @BenHossler on Twitter)