1. Carlos Hyde PPR phenom?- Carlos Hyde ranks 3rd in the NFL in targets among Running Backs, yes you read that right. He trails only Christian McCaffrey and James White and he is averaging 8 targets per game since C.J. Beathard took over as QB. He gets the Giants at home in week 10.
2. Welcome back Josh Gordon, maybe?- #FreeJoshGordon Twitter was set on fire late last week when Flash was conditionally reinstated. I'm skeptical of how good he can be after missing so much time away from football, but this guy had HOF potential the last time we saw him play and he clearly will be the best player on the field, if he can get there. I'm rooting for him, and hopefully we can use him in DFS soon.
3. The return of Cam Newton?- This is a two part takeaway. Cam Newton used to be a top fantasy QB due to the upside he possessed from his rushing ability. There seems to be talk about him cutting back on running year after year and I'm always quick to call their bluff, and it looks like that has happened again. The Panthers are, somehow, 6-2 on the year and Cam is averaging 8 rushing attempts per game over the last 5 games. It looks like he is running again, and we need to consider that going forward.
4. Christian McCaffrey!- Which leads us into our second part, Christian McCaffrey. A week after the Panthers said they wanted to limit his snaps some going forward, CMC played a season-high 81% of the snaps and saw his most carries of the year. I expected him to be the biggest beneficiary from the Kelvin Benjamin trade, and that seems to have come to fruition.
5. Know Corey Davis- In his second full game this season Corey Davis played almost 80% of the snaps for the Titans. He has seen target totals of 12 and 5 in those two games and is a guy to keep an eye on moving forward. He was the first WR taken in the most recent NFL draft and hopefully he stays healthy enough to flash some of that ability.
6. Phins even split- With Jay Ajayi traded to the Eagles, we speculated on the weekly #GoodKarmaPodcast that you would mainly see an even split between Damien Williams and Kenyan Drake. Drake played on 7 more snaps, but he saw just 2 more carries and they saw an even number on targets. It's tough to love either of them going forward with them seeing equal work.
7. RIP Jameis Winston- I've literally been talking about how Jameis' shoulder isn't right for two weeks and finally Dirk Koetter is making an effort to help that. The Bucs plan to shut down Winston for the coming weeks in hoped for his shoulder to heal, they are pretty much out of the playoff picture and I feel like this is the right decision. Ryan Fitzpatrick will take over as QB and he gets the Jets this week...#RevengeGame!
8. Curtis Samuel > Russell Shepard- I know this is the third Panthers take, but I feel as if these are very valuable going forward for DFS. The Panthers clearly want Samuel to be the guy and I saw a lot of people on Shepard last week. Samuel is going to be the 2nd option with Shepard playing mainly from the slot. Samuel played the most snaps among WRs on the Panthers and he out-targeted Shepard 5-2.
9. Kareem Hunt isn't like the other elite Running Backs- Andy...#FeedKareem! Andy Reid just refuses to feed the promising rookie, he saw a season-low 54% of the snaps on Sunday. He has the ability to put up big games, but he isn't a volume play like some of these other backs are and that will seclude him to mainly a GPP pay moving forward.
10. Sean McGOAT- This is a bit of a humble brag, which I don't do often. Many of us here at DFS Karma were all over the Rams this past weekend and that yielded quite the chunk of change headed our way. I've been on Sean McVay and the Rams since the preseason, and their offense has taken the NFL by storm. They get a banged up Houston defense at home in week 10.
Written by Ben Hossler (Follow @BenHossler on Twitter)