Injuries That Matter
Hello everyone! This is your boy Frosty. For those of you who don’t know me and never have heard of me, I have been a DFS player for five years and hopefully this will be my fifth profitable year in DFS. I have been playing fantasy sports since I was a very young kid and I have always loved gambling, predicting results of games, and overall sports. I am currently the lead analyst of the soccer department for DFS Karma but I am very well versed in all of the major DFS sports, NFL, MLB, NBA.
With that said, this year I will be writing an article where I will be highlighting some key injuries and their implications for both DFS and season long purposes. I am trying to keep it to about 5 injuries or so per week rather than a whole list of all the injuries. Of course if there is more than 5 key injuries, I will definitely list them.
- Whenever a ‘workhorse’ RB goes down, it definitely becomes a key injury. McKinnon is out for the year and will be getting ACL surgery soon. We are left with two options, Breida and Alfred Morris. Breida is considered this week’s starting RB but I don’t think he is the best option for season long pick-up. Alfred Morris has been underrated in his career. There are rumors that he does not know the whole playbook yet, but, he is very knowledgeable with the zone blocking that Shanahan wants to implement. For DFS purposes I will avoid both of these RB’s; however, in one GPP I will have my shares of Kyle Juszczyk. This is probably a crazy GPP play but in a tournament like the milly maker, it is very hard to be different when people are entering 150 lineups. In Jimmy G’s 5 starts, Kyle J had 17 catches for 195 yards. For 3k he is an awesome punt play. And he also has TD upside if they get down in the goal line.
- Patriots RB: If this is your first season playing fantasy sports, you will soon realize what a headache trying to start a Patriot RB is! This week seemed like we were going to have it easy by just plugging in Sexy Rexy Burkhead. BUT, now there are some interesting injury updates to consider. Sony Michell is probably for week 1… Crazy to see him play multiple snaps; however, I really like James White as a GPP option.
- Joey Bosa for the Chargers and Eric Berry are both out in the same game. This game has sneaky shoot out potential. Joey Bosa is an elite pass rusher and without him Mahomes should have more time for Hill to get open. Eric Berry is out for an already horrible defense (except Fuller). I absolutely love taking shots on Tyrelle Williams. He has a very high chance of scoring a long touchdown.
- Travis Frederick, one of the best, if not the best center in the league, is out for the Dallas Cowboys. This is going to get ownership away from Ezekiel Elliot; however, Zeke is basically the only skill position player the Cowboys have and he could have more running space thanks to Dak’s mobility
- As if the Saints were not going to be super chalky, the Buccaneers have injuries to Vita Vea, Brent Grimes, and De’Vante Harris. All in on the Saints!
If there are any important injury updates please stay tuned to our twitter @DFSKarma, my twitter @FrostyDFS and our Slack!